Monday, September 24, 2012

Peyton is 1!!!

To my darling daughter P,

I hope I can make it through this without tears.

Peyton Lea, I love you more than words can say. You fill my heart with so much joy. Even though sometimes you make me want to pull out my hair or hide in the closet I am so glad God chose to bless your daddy and I with you.

As we have come upon this huge milestone I have been thinking a lot of this time last year. I would LOVE to be able to do your birth day over again. It was such a wonderful day. I will never forget. I hope it is etched into my mind so deeply that I can recall every detail when I am talking to your grand babies!

You daddy and I do agree that we do not want to redo those first two weeks though :) They were the hardest two weeks of my life. I didnt know I could function on so little sleep. I am still not sure how I did. The important thing is that all 3 of us made it through not only those two weeks, but now a whole year!

I think my favorite thing is to see the way my daddy, your pawpaw, loves you. You are the light of his life. His eyes light up when he is around you. My two favorite photos are the one of him when he first held you and the one of his hands near your face. It is a special bond the two of your share.



Seeing pawpaw with you makes me wish so badly that my mommy could be here to see you as well. Dad and I had a conversation recently that maybe the reason it took you so long to get to us is that you were with her and she was not ready to let you go yet :) I like to think that she knows you even though she is not here. That maybe God gives her a window every now and then to see how you are growing.

In your first year you have been on a plane, taken a vacation to Wyoming, been to Shreveport several times, we just recently went to Tennessee! You are quite the traveler.

You have learned to crawl, stand up, say mama and dada. You can point now. You feed yourself every meal! You still haven't taken any full steps, but you will stand up in the middle of the room and clap. You did take a half step at pawpaw's on your birthday. You can furniture crawl :)

You are in 12 month clothes, size 4 diaper, and size 3 shoe. You have 8 teeth!

You smile for everyone! Your laugh is the greatest sound I have ever heard!

Your favorite place to be at pawpaw's is in the window. You look out, bang, and squeal! You are a climber! You climb all over everything and everyone.

You are so vocal! You talk all the time.

You dance which consists of sitting on your knees and bouncing up and down.

You are starting to show affection. You have given me kisses and hugs. Each morning we "love the bear". Your dolls and I are the only ones who have gotten your kisses!

You have also started to throw tantrums! You lay on your belly, straight out, and cry your little eyes out! So pitiful.

I love you dearly miss Peyton. I am so happy to be able to watch you grow, but I am sad it is going so quickly!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment