Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ouchies

Baby Girl,

Yesterday was the first time you hurt yourself and looked at me to know if you should cry. You were holding your bottle, monumental in itself!, and knocked your head with it. Your lip poked out and your eyes got watery and you looked up into my eyes and saw me smile. You still pouted but you didn't cry. Your lip quivered but you held it in. It was a moment that most would think was silly or just pass it by, but it meant something to me. I have waited for years to be the one holding a baby in my arms who trusts me completely. Who knows me like no other. Who calls me mama. It meant the world to me that you trusted me in your little moment. That you love me. That you call mama when you are tired or upset. I hope I am always there to answer your call, sweet baby girl.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment