Friday, August 5, 2011

Am I behind?

I must be because I googled and it told me I was. I mean everything on the internet just has to right!?

When did you pack your hospital bag?

I feel like...I am only 32 weeks. I still have 8 to go! It is too early to have a bag packed, sitting, waiting.

When I googled last night everyone was saying by the end of the 2nd trimester or 30 weeks.

Am I really behind? I feel like I need to get on the ball!

Guess that will be on my to-do list for sometime next week. I guess...

2 comments:

  1. I packed my bag after my water broke. I woke up, showered, packed, then called the doctor. You have plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have plenty of time! I had a partial bag packed a few weeks early because I had to stay overnight in the hospital. I had gone to my doctor's appointment and they kept me overnight for monitoring. I had to have Allan pack me a little bag and, of course, he brought some of the "wrong" stuff. When I got home, I packed a little bag of some of the stuff I would need just in case. I didn't really finish packing it until the night before I was due. They were going to induce me on my due date, but I went into labor that night before anyway. So I packed that night before we went to the hospital about 5AM. With #2 I packed the day before as we induced. Long story to say - you are not behind.

    I wouldn't worry about it too much and definitely don't stress out. You won't really "need" that much stuff while you are actually in L&D because they won't let you eat, etc. And someone can go grab anything you need later after that. I brought way too much stuff with #1 and a lot less with #2. One thing I would bring if you are planning to breastfeed is your Boppy or whatever nursing pillow you have if you got one. You will probably want it ASAP because you can expect a few REALLY long nursing sessions. :)

    ReplyDelete