Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lake Time!

Before I get to lake time...I notice that I missed a few important happenings! So, let's recap!

Craig and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 25th. I did a little bridesmaid dress shopping that morning and we ran a few errands that afternoon. For our date night outing we headed to Formaggio's. We had never been there, but I had a restaurant.com coupon so we decided to try it out.

I don't think we will go back. I had ravioli and Craig had a muffuletta. The food was good. The atmosphere not so much. It was more of a college kid hangout than a nice restaurant. We had tiramisu for dessert. I think it would have been better if we bought it out of the freezer section at Wal-mart. It was an experience.

We went from there to the Summit to check out the new Pirate's of the Caribbean movie. It was good, but not all it was hyped up to be. Although it wasn't the greatest we still had a wonderful evening!

Here we are before we headed out...


As part of her gift to us Sherry refurbished some furniture that was used when I was a baby. This cradle was made by guys in our church and I have photos of Kady as a baby in this. Sherry polished it up for us and it is the PERFECT addition to our living room. So nice looking and makes me think of Peyton when I am sitting there staring at it :)


She took this glider rocker and painted it to match our bedroom furniture. It looks so great in the room. I am really impressed. It fits right in and I cannot wait to have Peyton here to sit and rock.


We also FINALLY put together our bouncy seat. It is so cute and I bet it will be comfy too!


Now on to lake time! Kady, Anna, Aunt Vickie, Aunt Carla, Mawmaw, and I headed out to the Murphree lake place on Smith Lake last Thursday to spend the weekend! (Hannah was at NYC and we missed her terribly, but I know she had a fantabulous time)

Friday was overcast. We had fun floating on the water. There was a lot of this...

That evening we played scattegories on the deck and watched the sun go down.



Of course we ate a LOT! Friday and Saturday morning mawmaw made homemade biscuits, eggs, and bacon. Sunday morning it was pancakes and sausage. Friday night Kady and I made stuffed bell peppers. Aunt Carla made a great strawberry angel food cake dessert. Oh and we also made homemade chocolate ice cream! Saturday night it was a mexican casserole and peach cobbler by Aunt Vickie and Anna. Needless to say I am not looking forward to posting my weight gain this week! I am sure it was more fatty than baby :)

Mawmaw in her Amoco hat. So stylish :)

The three grandaughters and Peyton :)

Our last night we played some spades on the deck and then moved inside to finish up scattegories.


It was a wonderful weekend! Next year I think we are taking the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment