Friday, April 29, 2011

Babymoon

Craig and I took a mini vacation over the Easter holiday. We hated to be away over Easter, but it is really the only time that worked for us. After much searching we decided to head for Savannah, GA

We arrived late Thursday and went straight to bed.

Friday we spent some time walking through the market and down River Street. We ate lunch at Lady and Sons, which is Paula Deen's restaurant. We took a trolley tour of the town. We had a little nap and headed back down to the river front. We took a tour of the Peacemaker. A beautiful boat run by the Twelve Tribes. Very neat. You should google them. We bought a beautiful piece of pottery from them that was made on the ship! That evening we went on our Riverboat Dinner Cruise. I think that was the highlight of my trip! We were seated next to a Pastor and his wife from Louisville, KY. They were so much fun to talk to.







Saturday we headed for the Lighthouse on Tybee Island. Climbed all the way to the top. Not sure what I was thinking. The climb actually wasn't that bad, but the height was! I was terrified. I did not enjoy my time at the top. I hugged the building the whole time. We looked at a few of the keepers cabins and then came the funniest moment of the trip. Our admission also included a museum. Craig asked if I wanted to go and my response "No, it's going to be just a bunch of old broke junk." He laughed about that the rest of the trip. From there we headed for the beach there on Tybee Island. We decided to walk and find lunch. A local pointed us to Stingray's which I think was Craig's highlight of the trip. He is still talking about the food. He had fish and I had fried shrimp. Both were SPECTACULAR! From there we went down the pier for a while and then over to Fort Pulaski. Let me say that was not my cup of tea. Luckily it was state parks week, so we didn't have to waste any money getting in. We did get to see a cannon firing which was cool. Craig explored a little while I went to get out of the sun. I was already a little toasty from my time at the beach. We thought about a movie and decided on finding local dinner and ice cream instead. We found a small Italian place that was fantastic. Thanks Yelp! It was off the beaten path and exactly what we wanted. For ice cream we headed back into Savannah. After walking a mile to find the place Craig wanted to go was closed we found a little shop with local ice cream that was the best!









Sunday it was home in time for Easter lunch!

Looking forward to our next weekend adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment