Thursday, January 20, 2011

We Survived the Two Week Wait!

I went in for my blood draw this morning at 7:30. Left the house about 6:40. Got there in plenty of time. Dropped off my sharps container. Had the draw. Had a time leaving because none of the credit machines would work, so I got out for free! Score! ha

Made it home a little after Craig got back from work. We started calling every 5 minutes, to be honest I called twice on my way home. At 10 I finally called the office. We were worried sick. I was starting to tell myself they weren't calling because they didn't want to ruin my whole day.

I decided to lay down for a nap to make the time pass. I woke about 11:15 and Craig and I decided to call once more before lunch. Laying there in the bed we heard "you have one new message" holding our breath we heard the sweetest news, the news we have been waiting on for 5.5 years. "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST!". I continued to listen to the directions about continuing my progesterone shots and crinone, my synthroid and my prenatal vitamin. Craig was bawling. I think as soon as the word congratulations came out the tears had started flowing for him.

We went and at our lasagna while we waited on dad and Kady to arrive. As soon as the door opened they knew the results because of the smiles on our faces. We called Sherr and all of the Hudsons and Davis and Marinakis. Everyone was thrilled and gave the congrats, when are you due, how many are you having? The two notables were Uncle Donnie and brother Donnie. They both broke down in tears. Sobbing tears. Tears of joy for us. Uncle Donnie has called Kady no less than 5 times this afternoon to get all the details. I am so blessed to have friends and family who care so much.

I needed to have something I could one day hold up and say "I bought this for you the day I found out I was going to have you". We went everywhere and looked at everything. I ended up with a piggy bank and I am good with that. Aunt Kate, as she wants to be called, bought our first pack of diapers :)

Tonight we had a birthday dinner for Kady and a celebration dinner for us. Ck fingers, massed potatoes, green beans, and cake. It was wonderful. Sherry prayed a beautiful prayer for us. Kady, Stephen, Craig, and I finished out the night watching Stranger than Fiction which was indeed strange.

All in all I would say that it has been a spectacular day. One I thought would never come. I told Craig today that I am not as excited as I thought I would be, but I don't think it has hit me yet. I also think I knew all along that it would work. I told Craig I had a good feeling from day 1. Dad and Sherry have said the same.

Now for the technical mumbo jumbo...
I continue my progesterone shot and crinone indefinitely
I continue my synthroid and prenatal vitamin
My levels were:
Beta Pregnancy Hormone want 20+ mine 95.5
Estrodial want 100+ mine 557
Progesterone want 25+ mine 68
These should double every 3 days.
I go back in next Thurs for another check.
I have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks.
I will see Dr Long in 4 weeks and he might release me to my regular OB at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment