Thursday, September 24, 2015

4 Years- Peyton

Peyton Lea,

You are an awesome 4 years old!

You are 39.5 in tall (50%) and 35.4lbs (50%). Dr B says you are on track to be 5'3" or 5'4". You are strong and healthy!

Well, sister, I can't believe how much has changed this past year. How much you have changed! We welcomed little brother Parker this year and you are the most amazing big sister. I don't know why I ever worried about you or the transition. You were made to be a big sister. You adore him. You love to love on him (aka smother), take things to him, and especially make him smile! I think you will love him even more when he can play with you.

You have no fear! You will jump from anything and climb up everything. You love to be outdoors. You do not mind getting messy. You would love to go outside and splash in mud puddles. You often have dirt under your nails and brown feet. Daddy is so excited to have you be his outdoor buddy.

You love to sing and dance. You do your ballet and also make up dances regularly. You have a touch of your pawpaw in your because you make up songs all the time! You love your pink tutu and princess shoes. You would rather be in dress up clothes any day.

You like to play castle, baby sitter, and dress up. You will cook for us in your kitchen and play games like the Ladybug Game and dominoes.

The best way to get you to clean up or get dressed is to make it a competition. You like to win. If I tell you that I am going to beat you, you will do anything and  FAST! :) One day I am sure you will catch on, but for now I keep that as my little weapon when I need something done.

You have a large vocabulary. You use words I didn't know you knew. You pick up on everything. You ask lots and lots of How and Why questions. You retain everything and have the most excellent memory. You bring up things that happened like a year ago and remember all of the details.

You have become a struggle to discipline. You don't like spankings, but they don't make you change either. The best thing I have found is to talk to you. To get on your level, make you look in my eyes, and talk to you. I also make you apologize and clean up whatever it might be. You are definitely strong willed. We are working on this little attitude miss priss. I often hear myself telling you "we don't act like that in this house"  or "my little girl will not act that way". You know exactly what you are doing when you do it. Now we just have to show you that it is better to obey first rather than apologize later.

You are my most precious baby girl. I can't believe you are getting so big on me. I absolutely adore you and am so proud and blessed to be your mommy. 

I love you most,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment