Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MDO

I want to document everything on this blog. I want for Peyton to be able to look back at this and know what I was thinking about certain situations. I think losing my mother before I had children has driven my need for this. I always wish I had this kind of information or guidance from my mom, so I want to make sure it is here for Peyton. I also want to be able to look back at it myself years from now and hopefully laugh at how I fussed over things that are so small ha ha

Today is about MDO, but first here is an update on Peyton.

She is now pulling up on EVERYTHING! She takes a few steps here and there, I think they call it furniture crawling.
She can wave. Just started that 2 days ago!
She is trying to say words. She has tried to say Hey, Bye, and Yes. They come out as different things, but she does them at the right time.
She likes to blow on my leg. She will look up and smile like she did something big.

Now on to MDO.

I am completely torn. On one hand I know it would be a relief to have 2 days a week where I can completely focus on work and not multitask all day long. On the other hand I think

- How horrible am I that I can't do all these things at once.
- I can't believe I am considering sending my baby away.
- It is coming to winter. I don't want her to be sick all the time.
- How would this work with nap time and her schedule
- I am home all day. Why would I pay to send her somewhere.

BUT

- She would benefit from the interation with other kids
- She LOVES other kids

My prayer is that if MDO is the right thing for her God would give me a peace about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment