Friday, July 31, 2009

Oak

Today I was taking one of those silly Facebook quizzes, this one was to tell you which Gilligan's Island character you are, and it had the question "What kind of tree would you be?" Mostly because I didn't know many of the trees in the list I chose Oak. I don't know much of anything about trees, but I think Oaks are strong and sturdy. I like to think I am strong. Seemed like a good choice.

When I went to do my devotion, Longing for a Child, it sent me to the verse in Isaiah 61:3 "...They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."

This just caught my attention and made me think. Maybe I am getting there.

Oh, and about the quiz...I was Skipper. Ha ha. I could actually see the resemblance. Ha ha.



Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment