Thursday, February 3, 2011

Exercise and TV

Craig and I decided to pull the plug on our satellite TV late last year and finally took the plunge at the end of December. I have to say that we have been without live TV for a little over a month now and I have not missed even one time! Granted we do have an antenna and pick up 5 channels and a Roku box which lets us watch Hulu and Netflix. We are not completely TV-less, but I never thought getting rid of TV would be so easy. We will have to see how long that lasts come football season though :)

Today I jumped back on the exercise train! I was doing my treadclimber 3-4 times a week religiously from the time I got it until Dec 26th. I had to stop then because of my IVF treatment plan. No exercise while on my stim meds. It was hard to give it up. It has been hard to finally get back on. I technically could have gotten back on a week or so after the transfer. Honestly I have been afraid to hurt the baby. I never want to do ANYTHING to jeopardize this pregnancy.

I am clear to do light exercise. They say walking or something. Nothing aerobic. I decided today was the day I was getting back on. I locked the tc in treadmill mode to lighten the aerobic activity and did 30 minutes at 2.5. It felt wonderful! I forgot how much I love it. Even without the full burn it was wonderful to be moving again. I know I will gain weight. I am supposed to. It is healthy. I just don't want to gain excess weight from being stagnant and eating too much ha. I also know it will make pregnancy, birth, and post-pregnancy so much easier if I keep it up throughout the whole 9 months. So, here is to light exercise 3-4 times a week!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! And, eat up girl, this is your time to enjoy anything and everything you want...at least that's what I keep telling myself. I still am SO excited for you and Craig, I can't stop thinking about it. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks when the 3 of us can compare baby bumps and pregnancy stories, yeah!! Love you girly.
    -ap-

    ReplyDelete